Tuesday, May 15, 2012

If you hadn't noticed yet...

      Hola! So if you hadn't noticed yet, I am slightly crazy. I am used to being called crazy after taking 19 credits during winter semester. (BYU allows a maximum of 18 credits, so I had to ask for special permission.) This is one reason why I have not really been in touch with the world. I'v been called crazy for my choice of major: Chemical Engineering, and for taking chemistry classes that are not required for my major. But enough about my craziness! I'm sure you're interested in what I did today.
     So today was much less exciting than yesterday. This morning I woke up after sleeping on the couch in my den area b/c I went to bed lat last night, my bed was covered with clean laundry, my roommate was already asleep and I didn't want to have to deal with all of that, so I slept on the couch. I wore my lovely purple "Carolina Girl" shirt from my mommy. I got to my chemistry class on time, where a teacher was subbing for my teacher. My teacher is out of town for business. It's interesting to me b/c when I've asked my parents why they like engineers more than chemists they said they thought the things chemists do are not as exciting as what engineers do. I have the opposite opinion. To me, the chemical engineering teachers seem very dry while the chemistry teachers seem very exciting with their research projects and and businesses. But I digress. It was interesting to compare the two teachers' teaching styles. I was extremely happy b/c during lecture, the professor showed this comic, which my first  college chemistry professor referenced and it became a running joke in my class.


   After chemistry, I went to the Campus Forum. The forum was all right. The speaker was an Economics professor from BYU. I found it pretty interesting until about halfway through at which point I felt like the speaker was saying just about the same things over again. It was hard b/c I was hungry and his presentation/talk was all about food. After the forum, I went to my dance class. We did the ChaCha. I do not do well with ChaCha. -Sigh- I guess that's what practice is for. After dance, I went to my ASL class. I was finally able to eat the sandwich I had made for myself. Class was interesting as usual. M teacher had to leave class early b/c her husband had hurt his back and couldn't walk very easily. She was happy to tell us about how she was able to skype with her son who is on a deaf mission in Manhattan.
    After class, three people from my ASL class went with me to the BNSN Bldg. None of them had really spent very much time there. I was hoping to be able to have my friend who originally taught me sign could join us, but she had to go home. So we fulfilled one of the requirements for our class, which was to converse only using sign language for half of an hour. I could tell I was a little more adept at it b/c I'm used to signing with my friend all the time. We finished up and I went to the Clyde Building and read for ASL. Then I went and saw Br. Parry in his new office in the Maeser Bldg as the new head of the Honors Department. It was good to see him.
    After I finished talking to him, I went to the computer lab in the BNSN. At the beginning of the term, of the term, my teacher said that we would be spending a lot of time in this computer lab, claiming relationships were made in this computer lab. I thought he was joking but I have spent a significant amount of time in this lab. And I went to a reception for a friend who was a TA last semester. One of the pictures of her and her husband was them in the computer lab together. I guess he was right. So I started to work on a hw assignment, getting help from friends there. Then I went to a review for my midterm for my chem class from 7 to 9. I hung out with my friend a little bit then she was nice enough to give e a ride home. I had some dinner, and I should probably work on hw some more. Good night!

1 comment:

Joan said...

Busy days, lots of variety. Sounds like you enjoy it.