Sunday, April 4, 2010

Celebrating 17

(If anybody was wondering what I looked like early in the morning, you don't have to wonder anymore.)

I had an awesome seventeenth birthday that started pretty early. I think I was the first awake in our house. We, Mom, Dad, Amy and I, all celebrated by going to Waffle House for breakfast. I had a waffle, of course, and my mom and I put some quarters in for music. It was classic with Elvis Presley playing and eating a waffle. (We had a lot of driving and I read my Book of Mormon on the way.)This is a before picture at the beginning of our hike at Table Rock State Park. It was my dad, my mom, Orah, Zara (the dogs) and me.

We finished! I am very happily pointing to the sign saying we were at 3,124 feet. We hiked about 7 miles. It was not easy.Someone was nice enough to take the picture for us so we could have a group shot, including the doggies. :)Lunch at the summit. I had an apple of course.
Dad with Zara (see if you can find her)I told Mom it would be better for her to be in the picture because then she wouldn't have to see how high we were. It was beautiful.
A prettier view on the mountainDad with both of the dogsMom showing the steps cut into the mountain with OrahEliza and me tasting the frosting from my red velvet birthday cake: Yum-yum! Thanks, Mommy!
Birthday cake!
We went to Shealy's for dinner. It was delicious!






















1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for thinking up such fun things to do on your b-day!I am so grateful that you came into my life 17 years ago!Love you...